Tuesday 26 January 2010

Everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold...

... But I reckon this is.



So it looks like my golden boys MGMT are back in the music game after what I'm guessing's been a nice hazy aftermath of their rapid sprint to rockstar fame.
The Brooklyn pair, who were my mad obsession and victim of adoration throughout 2008, have re-emerged with the likes of Kid Cudi, featuring on this sweet little track, The Pursuit Of Happiness, along with Ratatat. Mellow, cool and confident, Kid Cudi's rap is complimented by Andrew's too-cute-to-be-true vocal. Hardly the wildly danceable pop that enveloped me two years back, but it hits the spot.


I'm also loving Chiddy Bang's sampling of MGMT's Kids.



Though the rapping is basic-as-fuck and the title pretty cringe-worthy, the sampling totally refreshes Kids - rescuing it from being that same old track played over a Saturday night indie dancefloor. It's a cute, catchy and easy pop tune that I know I'll be requesting the hell out of all weekend.

Louise.

No comments:

Post a Comment